Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Catch Up



The reason I'm now posting events that happened not so recently is because I just discovered that I can print this blog out and make it into a book someday...which rules. In the past couple of months, Kyle and i have taken some fantastic adventures together.

AMTRAK ADVENTURE
Kyle decided that it would be a really romantic and way cool thing to take a train ride together for Valentine's Day. I, of course, agreed. Who wouldn't want to take a sweet train ride? Basically, it was somehow better than expected, and we had already assumed it would be amazing. I don't think either of us would now prefer a plane ride over a train ride. I seriously could be a representative for Amtrak. Here is my handsome train mate:

The best part about the day was the fact that we only rode from McGregor to Dallas, but saw places in Texas we had never seen before. It's also the way you see the land. Everything automatically feels older, and somehow more important. The walls of the McGregor train station are that old fashioned peachy color. I've only read about that color scheme in novels from 1850. I felt a new connection to American soil and decided that impatience and convenience are no longer good enough excuses to fly anywhere anymore. I mean, unless you just must must must. After all, not everyone has 5 hours to spare in the place of what would otherwise be an hour and a half long trip.
This is us enjoying coffee and cheesecake and looking out the window.

These are pictures of the train menu (adorable), my cheeseburger which was SO good (no joke people, this is no airplane food), and the bedroom instructions for our compartment. Hilarious.
Upon our arrival back to McGregor from Dallas, we of course had to put pennies onto the rails to smash for souvenirs.
SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment