Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Junking Fever

WOW it's been a long time since I've been on here. Just checked out that old to-do list on the last entry...can't say that I've done everything. But that's for another post.

This post is about a little thing my friend Alyssa likes to call "junking".

Look, I've been nesting okay? It's what people do when they move into a new and unfamiliar place. Have I gone overboard? Not yet, but I could be on my way. And guess what...Waco has some darn good finds.

Exhibit A:



Isn't she a doll? This is my new little Queen Anne sofa. I think it's one of my favorite-of-all-time purchases. And get this-it's about to have an awesome new cushion.

Oh, and even better with a cute boy sitting on it to read.



And finally, what I like to call my best find to date, THIS beauty:



This ADORABLE buffet for only $200? How? I have no idea, but it did happen. At Junque in the Trunk in Waco (my second home). And my new little amber glass tumblers just put it over the top. How about those cute flower pictures above? only $10 you say? That's right. From Cedar Chest Antique Mall in McGregor, TX.

Overall, it was a really successful few days. I forgot to mention that we went to the Heart O' Texas races on Friday night after enjoying a Ninfarita of course, and it was the perfect redneck start to the best junking weekend! See?




2 comments:

  1. you've been missed.. glad you're back ;)

    can I just say, i think we'd be great "junking" and thrifting buddies? for real...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! And YES I want to junk with you!!!

    ReplyDelete