Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Very NOLA Birthday



See this way cute boy? That's Kyle. He took me to New Orleans for my 25th Birthday! In this particular shot, Kyle had just been hit by a truck. His physical body--not while in a car. It wasn't anything major, but it definitely was NOT part of the plan. We hadn't even been there an hour, nor had we had anything to drink (yet). But, as was to be expected, those famous Cafe du Monde beignets made everything better :)

After breakfast we headed down the street just to people watch and explore the French Quarter. I discovered quickly that New Orleans has some bizarre smells, sights, and scenery. It's all quirky, and definitely stands out among any other city to which I've traveled.






Look at this Jazz singer/clarinet player. He and his band were UNREAL. They were definitely the perfect introduction to New Orleans Culture.





Here is where we stayed! An adorable little hotel less than a block off of Bourbon Street called the Olivier House Hotel. It had a beautiful garden in the courtyard, and cute, Southern rooms that were perfectly charming.



This is me and Kyle standing by the Mighty Mississippi!



This is me and Kyle about to devour ouroh-so-delicious po-boys. Un.Real.

Oh, and you're allowed to drink on the streets. Anywhere you want!

I felt pretty sassy about my mint julep.



Overall, it was a perfect birthday trip. Kyle, you rule. Let's go back!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment