Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Drama


I realized today that I get very riled up at just the silliest things. Like... I spent $3.87 on a coffee from Starbucks today. It was a tall, non-fat, one-splenda iced latte specifically. Soooo North Dallas-y obnoxious as far as coffee goes. Like the antithesis of a good old fashioned black brew.

And really it was because I was too lazy to get out of bed in time to make my own coffee, like I normally do. Plus, I actually enjoy this specific iced and caffeinated drink, made especially by "the man" for "the sucker." And I drove away from that drive-thru so ANGRY that Starbucks would overprice coffee so dramatically. But really I was the sucker. With a happy palate after that first sip.

The sip that followed with extremely unnecessary blame for "THE man."

Because during those times when I'm holding a homemade coffee that ultimately costed me like .10 cents to brew, I bash and damn that effffffing coffee bazilionare corporation that just RAKES it in, thanks to the gaziiilion folks every day all day who go buy their drinks. But really, Man, you are a savvy son of a bitch, aren't you? Sometimes I may even be jealous of you.

Caroline, you make coffee that tastes sooo much better.
Well, no. It's just cheaper you dramatic, coffee loving heretic.
I am sooo dramatic.

So I enjoyed my pricey drink in the midst of my silly pity party. And it was goooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment