Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is Supergirl wearing Doc Martens?




There are so many things I want to do/be able to do in my life. Like be a skywalker? HOW cool is that. I don't think I realize, sometimes, how creative humans are. There are nudists, musicians, authors, tattoo artists, gas station attendants and astronauts. And each one of those vocations requires an individual to do their job in a personal and unique way. Opportunities. Abundantly. The job market may be the lowest that it's been since 1983, but amount of creativity in people has not decreased since then. It's true that not everyone will be awarded with a top choice career their first year out of school, or even their 10th. If you're an accounting major and Ernst & Young decides to say, "Sorry, Mac," after seeing your shining application, then remember that there is always a concrete purpose and never a dead end. I have trouble remembering that sometimes. Or really, I torture myself about the future I think I won't have. Thinking that I'm out of options is simply just not giving myself enough credit. Look, I'm not going to be a cardiologist because I don't want to be, but if I wanted to, I'd find a way to make it happen someday. Moxie.

But hey, if this swine flu epidemic gets out of control, and no can can ever work for themselves or leave their homes, here's an option. Those are way cooler than the blue papery masks, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment